Clinch Valley Heart & Vascular Institute
Clinch Valley Heart & Vascular Institute provides a comprehensive and effective approach to the diagnosis and treatment of simple and complex coronary and vascular conditions.
The Institute has integrated Clinch Valley Medical Center's specialists in cardiology, interventional cardiology, vascular surgery and interventional radiology to provide an extraordinary level of expertise and experience to patients and physicians alike.
Need to make an appointment? Call (276) 596-6060
Clinch Valley Heart & Vascular Institute offers:
- Early detection programs for cardiac and vascular disease
- Emergency care for heart attack and chest pain
- Life-saving heart catheterization procedures
- Extensive cardiac diagnostics
- Minimally-invasive endovascular procedures
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
The experts at Clinch Valley Heart & Vascular Institute utilize non-invasive and invasive diagnostic technology to ensure each cardiac patient receives both a definitive assessment of their condition and access to the most appropriate, personalized treatment.
- 64-Slice Computed Tomography (CT Scan)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Nuclear Imaging
- Stress Testing
The use of leading technologies in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory allows high-resolution cardiac imaging and imaging devices to provide rapid and accurate diagnosis in patients with cardiac arrhythmia, coronary, valvular or other heart disease.
In the hands of the experts of Clinch Valley Medical Center's Interventional Cardiology team, the technology available in this facility ensures that our patients receive the highest level of care when undergoing a catheter-based procedure.
- Cardioverter Defibrillators
- Fractional Flow Reserve
- Intravascular Ultrasound
- Pacemaker Insertion
- Peripheral Arterial Disease Intervention
Are you prepared for chest pain?
Being prepared if you experience chest pain can make all the difference for your recovery. Learn about the common, and sometimes subtle, symptoms of chest pain from cardiologist Dr. Jose Piriz and Emergency Department Director, Whitney Newberry.
Dr. Jose Piriz, MD, Cardiologist
Dr. Muhammed Javed, MD, Cardiologist
Dr. Vijay Ramakrishnan, MD, Board Certified Interventional Radiologist
Dr. Muljibhai Thakkar, MD, Cardiologist
Dr. Nicholas Gargiulo, MD, Vascular Surgeon
- Find a Doctor
- Clinch Valley Family Care
- Clinch Valley Physicians Associates
- Clinch Valley Heart and Vascular Institute
- Clinch Valley Oncology Center
- Clinch Valley Surgical Center
- Clinch Valley Urology
- Richlands Pulmonary and Breathing Center
- Clinch Valley Urgent Care
- Clinch Valley Center for Diabetes and Internal Medicine